This temple was built in Ayutthaya Era. The chapel is in the art style of Late Ayutthaya Era, built as a medium size building with concrete walls on all sides. The walls one the front and the back have gables on top. The gables are decorate with concrete vines and pieces of chinaware. The side and top decorations are also made of concrete and decorated with concrete motifs. Inside the compound, there is the archaic hall of Thammaram Temple which was built to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the relationship in Buddhism between Sri Lanka and Thailand in A.D. 2003 and the 50th anniversary of the diplomatic relationship between Thailand and Sri Lanka in A.D. 2005. This place is also a historically important place of Ayutthaya.
Another important building inside Thammaram Temple is Ubali Museum which was built in A.D. 2015 – 2016 to tell story of Phra Ubali because, according to the history, this temple was the place that Phra Ubali Maha Thera and Phra Ariyamuni Maha Thera, who were assigned by His Royal Highness Phraphuttha Kosachan of Phutthai Sawan Temple to be Preceptors to travel to Sri Lank in B.E. 2296 (A.D. 1753) to give ordination to monkshood to Ceylonese young men in accordance with order by King Boromkot because Buddhism had perished from that kingdom. Since then, Siamese Buddhism has occurred in Sri Lanka.
Open Hours: 8:00-17:00
Traveling Tip: The temple is located by Chao Phraya River, opposite Si Suriyothai, and in te same route of Kasatrathirat Temple, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya District.